Taught by neuroscientist Dr. Draulio de Araujo, Ph.D, this course provides a clear overview of the important research on ayahuasca's effects on the brain, body and mind.
In this short course, you’ll learn about:
- How ayahuasca effects different brain regions.
- Similarities between the brains of advanced meditators and the brains of ayahuasca drinkers.
- How the brain regions affected by ayahuasca are linked to states that include awareness, memory, meditation, mind-wandering, visions, depression and more.
- Solid scientific insight about the short-term and long-term effects of drinking ayahuasca.
"Dr. Draulio de Araujo is at the forefront of scientific research on the neuroscience of ayahuasca. He has made important contributions to the study of the neural correlates of the modified state of consciousness induced by the ayahuasca tea. I wholeheartedly recommend this course."
Professor Jordi Riba (PhD) ~ Neuroscientist, Sant Pau Hospital, Barcelona
Through understanding how the brain works when people drink ayahuasca, you gain profound knowledge about the ayahuasca experience itself and about its role in the therapeutic process. Paving the way for this type of knowledge, Professor Draulio de Araujo leads a team of researchers in Brazil that have developed pioneering understandings of ayahuasca effects.
In this short yet supercharged course, you'll learn about the fundamental effects of ayahuasca on humans. Professor de Araujo gives a simple and clear introduction to neuroscience and the human brain. This sets the foundation for learning about the short-term and long-term effects of ayahuasca on the brain and mind.
You'll gain a wide overview of leading neuroscientific and psychological research that has been done on ayahuasca around the world. Change the way you understand yourself and the world by getting the facts on Ayahuasca & The Brain.
- Teacher and Course Introduction (3:03)
- Neuropharmacological Perspectives (7:44)
- Altered States of Consciousness in the Laboratory (3:24)
- Fundamental Effects on Humans (10:53)
- Inspecting The Brain (6:35)
- The Effects on Brain Waves and Brain Regions (5:20)
- Seeing With The Eyes Shut: Visions, Introspection, and Awareness (7:28)
- The Default Mode Network (4:17)
- Neuropsychology and Personality Changes in Long-Term Users (6:03)
- Therapeutic Effects of Psychedelics (2:55)
- Antidepressant Effects of Ayahuasca (8:23)
Do I Need to Start the Courses at a Particular Time or Place?
No, all Kahpi courses are online, and you can take them from any place where you have an internet connection. All the teachings are pre-recorded so you can watch them at any time that works for you. You can also enjoy all the lessons on your phone and tablet.
How Much Time Do I Need to Complete The Kahpi Courses?
We currently have 12 Courses for you to browse and learn from. Each course consists of several hours of teachings that are split into many 10 minute lessons. You can navigate the course panel in an easy-to-use way and choose whichever lessons you wish.
What if I Find Technology Difficult to Use?
It's very simple to browse and watch the Kahpi courses. Once you signup or login, you are taken directly to your courses and can simply choose which lessons to watch. If you ever have any questions, our team can assist you immediately.
Is it Safe to Pay By Credit Card Online?
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your credit card details throughout the checkout process. Your information is never shared with anyone, and we won’t be able to see your credit card details. We take your online security extremely seriously. If you don’t like paying by credit card online, you can also pay with your PayPal account.
What Should I Do When I Complete My Learning?
It's very simple to cancel your monthly subscription at anytime you wish.