Professor Dráulio de Araujo (PhD)
About the Instructor
Dráulio de Araujo is a professor of neuroimaging at the Brain Insitute (UFRN), Natal, Brazil. In recent years his research has focused on using functional neuroimaging methods (EEG and fMRI) to investigate the acute and lasting effects of Ayahuasca. His research group has also been studying the antidepressant potential of Ayahuasca. He is a co-author of the research articles: Antidepressant effects of a single dose of ayahuasca in patients with recurrent depression: a preliminary report (2015); and Seeing with the eyes shut: Neural basis of enhanced imagery following ayahuasca ingestion (2012); and Long-term use of psychedelic drugs is associated with differences in brain structure and personality in humans.
Did you know that the extraordinary effects of ayahuasca have been mapped to different brain regions and brain states?
Through understanding how the brain works when people drink ayahuasca, you gain profound knowledge about the ayahuasca experience itself and about its role in the therapeutic journey.
Paving the way for this type of knowledge, Professor Dráulio de Araujo leads a team of researchers in Brazil that have developed pioneering understandings of the biological and psychological effects of ayahuasca.
"Dr. Dráulio de Araujo is at the forefront of scientific research on the neuroscience of ayahuasca. He has made important contributions to the study of the neural correlates of the modified state of consciousness induced by the ayahuasca tea. I wholeheartedly recommend this course."
Professor Jordi Riba (PhD) ~ Neuroscientist, Sant Pau Hospital, Barcelona
How does ayahuasca interact with parts of the brain linked to memory, introspection, vision and awareness?
In this short yet supercharged course, you ll learn about the fundamental effects of ayahuasca on humans.
Professor Dráulio de Araujo gives a basic introduction to neuroscience and the human brain. This sets the foundation for learning about the biological mechanism of ayahuasca.
Gain a wide and clear overview of leading neuroscientific and psychological research that has been done on ayahuasca around the world.
You will learn about:
- The biological safety of ayahuasca and how ayahuasca effects different brain regions.
- How the different ayahuasca molecules effect the ayahuasca experience itself.
- Similarities between the brains of advanced meditators and the brains of ayahuasca drinkers.
- What happens to the brain and psychology of people who have been drinking ayahuasca regularly for many years.
- How the brain regions effected by ayahuasca are linked to states that include awareness, memory, meditation, mind-wandering, visions, depression and more.
- Solid scientific insight about the short-term and long-term effects of drinking ayahuasca.
Professor de Araujo presents a fast pace learning experience on ayahuasca science. You'll have a full 6 weeks to do the short course.
Change the way you understand yourself and the world by getting the facts on Ayahuasca & The Brain.