Discover the fundamental role of spirituality in the journey of ayahuasca healing. Learn how to develop and enrich your ayahuasca practice with tools from yoga and shamanism.
Taught by eclectic healer and yoga instructor Celina De Leon, this course provides you with practical insight for supporting your therapeutic and spiritual growth with ayahuasca.
In this short, yet powerful, course you’ll learn about:
- Supportive approaches for integrating ayahuasca experiences
- The positive role of spiritual crisis in achieving healing
- Ayahuasca healing and detoxification from the perspective of yoga
- Focused case-studies of people who have used ayahuasca to help heal addiction, depression and other illnesses.
"For nearly a decade, Celina De Leon has dedicated herself to studying indigenous Colombian shamanism and to bringing ayahuasca healing to those who can benefit. This fascinating course provides an integrative review of ayahuasca healing, complete with case presentations and valuable tools for integration. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in the modern practice of ayahuasca healing."
Dr. Joseph Tafur M.D., author of the book: The Fellowship of the River: A Medical Doctor’s Exploration into Traditional Amazonian Plant Medicine
Unlike Western medicines, ayahuasca requires much more than simply drinking the medicine. From the perspectives of indigenous traditions, ayahuasca is a plant-spirit who can teach, guide and heal us. Celina takes advantage of her 16 years’ experience of drinking ayahuasca and her 7 years of apprenticing within an indigenous ayahuasca tradition to share practical knowledge about ayahuasca spirituality.
The course begins with teachings about the spiritual component of the ritual, the purge and the visions. By considering ayahuasca in comparison to the Indian traditional healing systems of Ayurveda and yoga, Celina then teaches us embodied and spiritual principles for understanding the role of spirituality in ayahuasca healing.
Ayahuasca healing can take many forms and in the second part of the course, you’ll learn about the healing journeys of several people who have overcome illnesses with the help of ayahuasca. These stories of actual people provide us with a close appreciation of how ayahuasca can intervene upon a variety of hard to treat maladies, such as addiction and depression.
Whether you are new to ayahuasca or are well seasoned in the art of ayahuasca spirituality, Celina’s course provides empowering teachings for the mind, body and soul.
Celina De Leon
About the instructor
Celina De Leon has been apprenticing in ayahuasca and Amazonian traditional medicine with the Kamentsa indigenous community of the Sibundoy Valley, Alto Putumayo, Colombia since 2009. She also has been a yoga practitioner since 1998 and was certified to teach through Greenpath Yoga and White Lotus Foundation. She is a Masters in Divinity candidate at the Graduate Theological Union-SKSM in Berkeley, California. She received a BA in Human Biology from Stanford University and received a Fulbright scholarship to study traditional medicine in India.
- Defining Spirituality (7:28)
- Spiritual Components of The Ritual (6:52)
- Spiritual Components of The Purge and The Visions (7:59)
- Ayahuasca From The Perspective of Yoga ~ Part 1. Serpentine energy and the vibrational understanding of existence (8:20)
- Ayahuasca From the Perspective of Yoga ~ Part 2. Examining detoxification (6:40)
- The Role of Spiritual Crisis in Illness & Healing (9:56)
- Addiction – John’s Healing Journey (8:20)
- Addiction – Multiple Treatment Approaches (3:12)
- Depression – Jolene’s Background (7:14)
- Depression – Jolene’s Healing Experience (6:50)
- Depression – Reflections on Jolene’s Healing (7:05)
- End of Life – Background (4:48)
- End of Life – Mortality and Grief (7:57)
- End of Life – Life Phases and Metaphorical Rebirth (5:29)