Taught by renowned psychiatrist and ayahuasca researcher Dr. Luís Fernando Tófoli, Ph.D, this course offers an overview of the benefits and risks of ayahuasca for mental health, wellbeing and spirituality.
In this short course, you’ll learn about:
- Key risks and benefits of drinking ayahuasca
- Differences between mental disorders and spiritual crises
- Potentials of the therapeutic use of ayahuasca
- An integrated understanding of the biological, psychological and spiritual dynamics of ayahuasca healing.
"Luís Fernando Tófoli presents a clear and comprehensive review of the potential risks and benefits of the ancient plant medicine, ayahuasca. Dr. Tófoli's video-lessons at kahpi provide an excellent synthesis of various psychospiritual and neurobiological perspectives."
Dr. Charles Grob ~ Professor of Psychiatry, University of California Los Angeles
There are many stories circulating the Internet about how ayahuasca may heal addiction, PTSD, depression and other mental health problems. There are also stories circulating widely about the dangers of drinking ayahuasca. But what does science say about the healing potentials and the risks of drinking ayahuasca?
In this fast-pace course, you'll gain trusted knowledge about ayahuasca and mental health from a foremost authority in the field of ayahuasca research. Presenting easy-to-understand lessons, Dr. Luís Fernando Tófoli showcases the golden nuggets of research on the therapeutic benefits of ayahuasca. He also explains in clear lessons the risks of drinking ayahuasca.
Dr. Tófoli debunks some popular myths while providing vital safety precautions so you can gain confidence about the benefits and risks of ayahuasca. Dr. Tófoli also teaches us about the therapeutic significance of ritual, the psychology of ayahuasca healing, and the enchantment of ayahuasca beyond healing. He draws upon large-scale and small-scale studies and a wealth of personal experience as a psychiatrist engaged with ayahuasca communities.
- Course and Teacher Introduction (1:07)
- The Risk of Psychosis (10:34)
- Interaction with Antidepressants and Other Drugs ~ Serotonin Syndrome Revisited (7:13)
- Interaction with Antidepressants and Other Drugs ~ Ritual Effects and Some Practical Recommendations (3.38)
- Mental Disorder or Spiritual Crisis? (9:46)
- Potentials for Treating Substance Misuse (9:39)
- Potentials for Treating Common Mental Disorders (8:39)
- Why is Ayahuasca Not an Official Western Medicine? (5:34)
- Can Ayahuasca Be Used as a Western Medicine? (7:59)
- Neurobiological Hypotheses (7:39)
- Placing Neuroimaging in Perspective (3:42)
- The Psychological Dimension (8:29)
- Integrating Biological, Psychological, Social and Spiritual Perspectives (8:25)
Do I Need to Start the Courses at a Particular Time or Place?
No, all Kahpi courses are online, and you can take them from any place where you have an internet connection. All the teachings are pre-recorded so you can watch them at any time that works for you. You can also enjoy all the lessons on your phone and tablet.
How Much Time Do I Need to Complete The Kahpi Courses?
We currently have 12 Courses for you to browse and learn from. Each course consists of several hours of teachings that are split into many 10 minute lessons. You can navigate the course panel in an easy-to-use way and choose whichever lessons you wish.
Can I Buy Each Course Separately?
The courses cannot be purchased individually. With a Kahpi membership, you'll get full access to all the Kahpi courses.
What Does the Kahpi Membership Include?
The Kahpi Membership includes: 1. Full access to all the Kahpi courses 2. An exclusive monthly newsletter with information about new Kahpi articles, scientific and cultural studies, and more, 3. A copy of our E-Booklet, "The Kahpi Guide to Ayahuasca", and 4. Access to the Members-only discussion forums for each Kahpi course. There are two great options to become a member and receive all of the above: You can become a Monthly Member or a Lifetime Member.
What if I Find Technology Difficult to Use?
It's very simple to browse and watch the Kahpi courses. Once you signup or login, you are taken directly to your courses and can simply choose which lessons to watch. If you ever have any questions, our team can assist you immediately.
Is it Safe to Pay By Credit Card Online?
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your credit card details throughout the checkout process. Your information is never shared with anyone, and we won’t be able to see your credit card details. We take your online security extremely seriously. If you don’t like paying by credit card online, you can also pay with your PayPal account.
What Should I Do When I Complete My Learning?
It's very simple to cancel your Monthly Membership at anytime you wish. Students of Lifetime Membership can easily revisit lessons in the future to help with integration and the longer path of ayahuasca.