This course is taught by one of the world’s leading minds of psychedelic spirituality, culture and consciousness. Des Tramacchi weaves together a powerful array of knowledge from his 30 years of studying psychedelics. He equips us with matured insight for enhancing the ayahuasca experience.
In this short course, you'll learn about:
- Psychedelic mystery traditions across the world and throughout time.
- How to cultivate your ayahuasca experience with “set” and “setting” and conscious intention.
- The spiritual significance of ayahuasca purging, visions and integration.
- Psychonautics and the difference between ayahuasca and DMT.
“Des Tramacchi is a leading hands-on scholar in the growing field of entheogen research. He has valuable and practical insights to share about the spiritual and cultural aspects of ayahuasca and DMT. I thoroughly recommend this course.”
Graham St. John, Ph.D. Author of the book: Mystery School in Hyperspace: A Cultural History of DMT
Humans have been using psychedelic sacraments and medicines like ayahuasca for thousands of years. In the beginning of this course, Dr. Des Tramacchi teaches us about different spiritual and religious traditions of psychedelic use throughout history. He also explains important insights and cultural frameworks that help people make sense of profound spiritual experiences.
This sets the foundation for the second part of the course where he offers teachings about the enhancement of the ayahuasca experience. Dr Tramacchi highlights the importance of tradition, ceremony and belief in shaping the actual experience of ayahuasca. You’ll also learn about the therapeutic and spiritual significance of ayahuasca purging, visions and integration.
The course then presents powerful insights from the lesser known tradition of psychonautic spirituality. You’ll learn a wide variety of ways to intelligently understand ayahuasca visions and experiences. This includes teachings about where ayahuasca visions come from and the transformational potential of ego-death and psychic-rebirth.
- Ayahuasca in the Context of World Religions (5:27)
- Religion Defined: Cosmogonic, Substantive, and Functional Definitions (10:10)
- Religion Defined: Symbolic Definitions, Desacralization and the "Mysterium Tremendum et Fascinans" (6:08)
- The Union of Opposites (7:27)
- Historical Mystery Traditions (4:06)
- What social, historical and psychological factors that favour the current popularity of ayahuasca? (6:22)
- What is The Medicine (7:16)
- Therapeutic Objectives and Types of Transformation (4:28)
- Set and Setting and Sensory Experience (5:31)
- Different Traditions and Different Experiences (8:36)
- Plant-Spirits, Beliefs, and Social Categories of Healing (10:55)
- Purging and the Gifts of the Medicine (3:50)
- Integrating the Experience (7:34)
- Introduction: Basement Shamans (4:27)
- From Ayahausca to DMT (8:58)
- DMT Visions and Beings - Part I. Where do the visions come from? (16:21)
- DMT Visions and Beings – Part II. Visions and truth (15:01)
- DMT Visions and Beings – Part III. Psychic death and rebirth (9:23)
- Mind and Body / DMT and Ayahuasca (7:03)
Do I Need to Start the Courses at a Particular Time or Place?
No, all Kahpi courses are online, and you can take them from any place where you have an internet connection. All the teachings are pre-recorded so you can watch them at any time that works for you. You can also enjoy all the lessons on your phone and tablet.
How Much Time Do I Need to Complete The Kahpi Courses?
We currently have 12 Courses for you to browse and learn from. Each course consists of several hours of teachings that are split into many 10 minute lessons. You can navigate the course panel in an easy-to-use way and choose whichever lessons you wish.
Can I Buy Each Course Separately?
The courses cannot be purchased individually. With a Kahpi membership, you'll get full access to all the Kahpi courses.
What Does the Kahpi Membership Include?
The Kahpi Membership includes: 1. Full access to all the Kahpi courses 2. An exclusive monthly newsletter with information about new Kahpi articles, scientific and cultural studies, and more, 3. A copy of our E-Booklet, "The Kahpi Guide to Ayahuasca", and 4. Access to the Members-only discussion forums for each Kahpi course. There are two great options to become a member and receive all of the above: You can become a Monthly Member or a Lifetime Member.
What if I Find Technology Difficult to Use?
It's very simple to browse and watch the Kahpi courses. Once you signup or login, you are taken directly to your courses and can simply choose which lessons to watch. If you ever have any questions, our team can assist you immediately.
Is it Safe to Pay By Credit Card Online?
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your credit card details throughout the checkout process. Your information is never shared with anyone, and we won’t be able to see your credit card details. We take your online security extremely seriously. If you don’t like paying by credit card online, you can also pay with your PayPal account.
What Should I Do When I Complete My Learning?
It's very simple to cancel your Monthly Membership at anytime you wish. Students of Lifetime Membership can easily revisit lessons in the future to help with integration and the longer path of ayahuasca.