Learn about a mysticism of psychedelic neuroscience.
Taught by eclectic anthropologist Nicholas Langlitz, Ph.D., this course brings us into the philosophical realms of psychedelic science and mysticism.
In this short course, you’ll learn about:
- The history of psychedelic science from the 1800s to the 21st century
- Key philosophical questions of psychedelic neuroscientists
- An understanding of the perennial psychedelic vision
- Links between mysticism, neuroscience and spiritual experience
"Professor Langlitz brings the much needed lens of medical anthropology to bear on the field of psychedelic research. Beyond providing a concise and poignant overview of the history of psychedelic research, he raises fascinating questions about how scientific knowledge and novel forms of spirituality are produced in the laboratory. "
Dr. Jordan Sloshower ~ Psychiatrist, Yale University School of Medicine
By taking an anthropological lens and viewing psychedelic science, you can gain insight into a remarkable and very new type of culture: the exotic life of psychedelic scientists and the laboratory.
Acclaimed anthropologist Professor Nicolas Langlitz spent long periods of time in laboratories researching how and why scientists do research with psychedelic molecules. He discovered a new type of mysticism in a psychedelic laboratory.
Before teaching us about this insightful mysticism, Professor Langlitz gives a concise history of the last 150 years of psychedelic research. The course then includes a mind-bending exploration of the questions and philosophies that drive psychedelic neuroscientists. Far from seeing the laboratory as a "cold" and purely rational place, Professor Langlitz shows you the laboratory as a profound realm of culture and life.
He focuses on a group of pioneering neuroscientists in a psychedelic laboratory in Switzerland to teach us about the link between mysticism, neuroscience and spiritual experience.
- Introducing Professor Langlitz
The Revival of Psychedelic ResearchShow details
- Early Psychedelic Research: 1840s to 1950s (8:52)
- The Birth of Psychedelic Psychiatry (4:27)
- Breakdown of Psychedelic Research. Part 1 Investigational Drugs Problem (8:24)
- Breakdown of Psychedelic Research. Part 2 The Counter-Culture (9:05)
- The End of Psychedelic Research (2:54)
- The Revival ~ Part 1. Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (6:07)
- The Revival ~ Part 2. The Heffter Research Institute (4:44)
The Varieties of Psychedelic Experience in the LaboratoryShow details
- Swiss Psychedelic Research and Vollenweider’s Laboratory (6:34)
- A Zen master on psilocybin inside an EEG chamber (3:37)
- Persistence of the Subjective in Neuropsychopharmacology (6:57)
- Set and Setting and Placebo-controlled Trials (7:35)
- Placebo-controlled Trials and Cultural Variability (6:14)
- Is the psychedelic experience a human kind or a natural kind? (8:26)
Mysticism and MaterialismShow details
- Neurochemical Selves (8:40)
- Perennial Philosophy (9:56)
- Biomysticism (4:47)
- Mystic Materialism (9:39)
Professor Nicolas Langlitz
Do I Need to Start the Courses at a Particular Time or Place?
No, all Kahpi courses are online, and you can take them from any place where you have an internet connection. All the teachings are pre-recorded so you can watch them at any time that works for you. You can also enjoy all the lessons on your phone and tablet.
How Much Time Do I Need to Complete The Kahpi Courses?
We currently have 12 courses for you to browse and learn from. Each course has several hours of video teachings that are split into many 10 minute lessons. You can navigate the course panel in an easy-to-use way and choose whichever lessons you wish.
Can I Buy Each Course Separately?
The courses cannot be purchased individually. With a Kahpi membership, you'll get full access to all 12 Kahpi courses.
What Does the Kahpi Membership Include?
The Kahpi Membership includes: 1. Full access to all the Kahpi courses 2. An exclusive monthly newsletter with information about new Kahpi articles, scientific and cultural studies, and more, 3. A copy of our E-Booklet, "The Kahpi Guide to Ayahuasca", and 4. Access to the Members-only discussion forums for each Kahpi course. There are two great options to become a member and receive all of the above: You can become a Monthly Member or a Lifetime Member.
What if I Find Technology Difficult to Use?
It's very simple to browse and watch the Kahpi courses. Once you signup or login, you are taken directly to your courses and can simply choose which lessons to watch. If you ever have any questions, our team can assist you immediately.
Is it Safe to Pay By Credit Card Online?
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your credit card details throughout the checkout process. Your information is never shared with anyone, and we won’t be able to see your credit card details. We take your online security extremely seriously. If you don’t like paying by credit card online, you can also pay with your PayPal account.
What Should I Do When I Complete My Learning?
It's very simple to cancel your Monthly Membership at anytime you wish. Students of Lifetime Membership can easily revisit lessons in the future to help with integration and the longer path of ayahuasca.
If you’re not 100% satisfied, we offer a 10-day money-back guarantee for purchasers of the Monthly Membership or Lifetime Membership, no questions asked.